Stuck? Looking for tips? Click here to read the Official Walkthrough!
Version 3 Trailer!
Want to see a fully voice-acted Version 2 playthrough?
Check out the official web series up on Youtube in a handy playlist. There's more entertainment here than you can shake a stick at, all for free. You won't regret it.
WHAT IS THIS?
Tales of the Drunken Paladin is an RPG crafted in the old-fashion style of early consoles--a time most people now refer to as the "Golden Era" of RPG-gaming. Using Enterbrain's clever software engine, I've personally cobbled together a game that will hopefully speak universal truths about humankind and the world we inhabit straight to the cockles of your heart.
If it doesn't do that, I can at least hope to make you laugh. This game is intended for comedic purposes and should not be played by human beings younger than or equal to 16 years of age. Because of its adult-oriented thematic elements and culture-referencing material, children simply will not appreciate the humor to as great an extent. If you have children and deem it appropriate and relevant to their interests, go for it, but I'm just sayin' it now: You're a terrible parent.
Big Trouble in Little China, Maine was the first expansion created for Tales of the Drunken Paladin, which added over 10 hours of gameplay. Hobotropolis is the second expansion and adds another 10 hours, putting the total play-time at over 30 hours of hilarious, classic RPG fun. Scroll down to take a peek at what to expect with those! Both of the expansions and the original game are all included in the latest download, so what are you waiting for? This game isn't going to play itself! Except that it actually might, because it's that good.
Please check the forum if you have any questions or concerns about installation or if you just want to chat it up. Also, Keksich was kind enough to make our walkthrough into a .pdf file; check it out and thank him here if you get a chance; it's really well done.
The gang has grown restless after their return to adventuring concluded several months earlier with the events in Little China, Maine. Our hero's companions come up with a plan for the ultimate vacation in the save hobo's jealously guarded resort known as "Hobotropolis." But the effects of the recently-deceased council are still resounding through this realm, and beneath Hobotropolis's jovial exterior, there is a familiar darkness stirring in its hoary bowels...
Big Trouble in Little China, Maine:
Strange things are afoot in Webber's frozen homeland in China, Maine. He enlists the help of Anebriate and the gang to check things out, only to find that someone with extraordinary powers has been terrorizing the locals. Upon investigating, they discover a series of clues which lead them to Augusta, the overgrown former-capital of Maine which is now a hippie colony and Native American reservation. These clues lead them to a revelation nearly as terrifying as George Washington himself: the culprit appears to be a rogue save hobo. Anebriate and company must enter the Save Realm and seek justice from the Supreme Save Council.
A few years ago, in the entirely fictional kingdom of Maine, a political band of foreign diplomats seized control of the throne and began manipulating the current king in power. Plundering Maine's rich economy, this mysterious organization was eventually found out and expedited viciously by a small force of totally radical warriors, chief among them the protagonist of our story: Anebriate. Order was eventually restored to the kingdom, but the riches lost could not be recovered. Totally unrelated, Anebriate became absurdly wealthy and spent his days loafing around in his house, drinking himself into comas and picking fights with local shopkeepers.
This story begins upon the eve of a series of catastrophic events which will lead to Anebriate suffering the loss of his vast wealth, his house, his memory, and subsequently, his impressive skills.
This is a tale of recovery--not just the recovery of monetary concerns or memory, but also the recovery of lost humanity.
- An interactive world like no other; nearly everything you encounter can be interacted with in a hilarious or profitable way!
- Optional characters spice up dialogue and provoke decisions which may alter the results of your game.
- Optional hidden bosses are a tough challenge but give rare, often one-of-a-kind treasures.
- Look at the world differently depending on the time of day. Dozens of time-specific events are happening all around you!
- Tons of side-quests and mini-adventures distract the protagonist from his goal, and give fun prizes or even money!
- Hundreds of unique weapons and armor are found throughout the game, making character customization thought-provoking and interesting.
- A bizarre and one-of-a-kind story line takes the player through an interesting and comical series of events unlike any other.
- An exciting side-view battle system complete with "ATB" and unique character skills, as well as a range of hilarious items with which to sustain yourself in brutal combat.
- Trophies that catalogue your acheivements after you clear the original game!
- The save points are a magical hobo!